Hypnotica Collection Of Confidence Review – Confidence All The Way
Hypnotica’s Men’s Confidence Project starts off with this promise: “A lot of men are stuck in “coping” with the difficulties of life, so the goal of The Hypnotica Community is to take a man our of “coping” and into “thriving”. As a part of The Hypnotica Community, you’ll learn to thrive in areas including confidence, dating, sex, fitness, nutrition and social skills. We aim to help you become the best version of yourself you can imagine.”
That’s a pretty damn decent promise. The main program is in what is called the ‘Collection of Confidence,’ with the main thrust (i.e. promise) being that it will make a guy much more confident and able when dealing with women. The key word here – the very central thesis of all the training, in fact – is confidence. This it seeks to achieve with a series of discs comprising audio tracks.
Meditation is a recurring offer with Men’s Confidence Project. Hypnotica himself does the voiceover, which is dramatically set against engineered sound effects and ambient music.
Hypnotica is the guru at the helm of Men’s Confidence Project and it is stated that this favourite motto is ““Redesign The Way You Think”. So, does this training course achieve that? Will Men’s Confidence project ‘redesign’ the way a guy thinks about himself, dating, getting laid, etc.? This review of the Men’s Confidence Project training course will offer its opinion on that – with confidence, of course.
It should be said that there’s something distinctly creepy about a dating guru that goes by the name ‘Hypnotica’ who leads the so-called “Hypnotica Community”. Why not Svengali? Or Mister Mojo for that matter? It’s distinctly cultish-sounding, no? The fact that the creator looks like a nightclub bouncer does give his name an even more ironic twist.
The good news is that Men’s Confidence Project does exactly what it sets out to do – build up a guy’s self-confidence. No one, not even the biggest cynic such as this reviewer, can deny that confidence is arguably the single-biggest crushing force for most guys on the dating scene – not to mention in life generally. This training achieves that with systematic learning, coupled with meditation.
Yes, the meditation can get overly ‘New Age-y’ and will reduce some guys to giggles or just be a total turn-off. And that’s fair enough. But for those ready and able to listen and let the man do his stuff, it could be a richly rewarding experience that might actually make a difference in a guy’s life. Imagine that – a dating training course that could actually make a difference to a guy. How many courses can say that?
Before one gets all giggly and dismissive about the training because of the creator’s moniker it can be concluded – there’s some damn good stuff here. True, meditation may not be every guy’s gig, but what is on offer is done professionally and thoughtfully. And the guy at the helm, naff name aside, is convincing and good at what he does. At last – a dating training program that goes beyond dating and treats guys like real men by offering a focused, believable system that may just work. Hallelujah.
The course kicks off with a 5-minute welcome video on the landing page, as introduced by a guy called Matt, who sounds friendly enough with his Australian-sounding accent. He does a quick and simple (and actually quite helpful) run-through of what the site offers. The site is easy enough to navigate around, but this introductory video is a nice touch.
It’s a bit silly that one has to re-enter login details as a member just to get into the training proper, which is called ‘Collection of Confidence,’ but at least one gets in. This training is presented in five modules as ‘discs’. The Welcome video to this section is by who I assume is Hypnotica himself, as he keeps referring to himself as the course’s creator and speaks always in the first person.
He sure is different to any of the other dating gurus I’ve come across, most of whom are scrawny or reedy-looking hipster wannbes. Not this guy. Think musclebound bouncer who’s been around the block. As you can see, friendly as Hypnotica seems to be, this is one slightly intimidating-looking dating guru, chest tattoo and all:
All the discs for this training are audio files. The voiceover is by Hypnotica himself and, I kid you not, the guy could be a voiceover artist for coming attractions, his voice is that resonant and sound engineered! Admittedly, they would be voiceovers for slasher movies and B-grade thrillers and other trashy fare, but Hypnotica has the sound to a T. Even the synthesizer music is right out of a schlocky movie trailer!
Disc 1 comes in two parts. It’s all about self. Quotes like “personal change is the basis of happiness” and “just realize…living is the process of becoming” is pretty intense stuff for what is a dating training course, and could be quite overwhelming for certain younger or more emotionally unready guys. But Hypnotica drives the point home – and, I’ll be fucked, but the guy’s voice is hypnotic as hell!
The point is made that women don’t want the ordinary or “just one of the guys”. They want a guy that stands out and that guy is the one that is confident and knows what he wants. It’s a fair point. The change should be gradual, not in huge leaps, Hypnotica cautions. Cleverly, he keeps complimenting his listeners for having taken the “bold” step and having the “courage” in doing this course, and for being ready for change.
Track 2 of Disc 1 is what he calls the ‘Step 1 meditation’. And, boy, does it go into all-out meditation mode, replete with the man in slowed down hoarse whisper-like voice, techno-ambient music in the background and the same word repeated again and again…change, change, change, like some New Age Buddhist-inspired mantra. Whew!
There will no doubt be guys who are hugely turned off by the meditation offered here. It’s not for everyone. There will be guffaws and “oh, come on” said out loud, and guys who feel that the whole approach is…well, too weird or too ‘New Agey’ for them. I must admit that I was surprised at how effective I found it. I did find myself slipping into a trance-like state – and I usually hate that shit!
He makes a very pertinent point at the beginning of Track 1 of Disc 2: “See, many self-help programs neglect to remind participants that in order to change their lives they must remain focused.” He speaks of how people too often get “trapped” into only being “passive listeners” in self-help programs and not actively being focused on their goals. Sorry to say, but the guy is 100% correct on that.
He then makes the very bold statement: “There is no such thing as rejection…there’s only the way that people react to others.” It sounds like a bullshit theory but Hypnotica makes a compelling case for how empowering it can be if a guy simply realizes that rejection is how he handles it and how he owns it, i.e. never simply as ‘failure’. Determination and resolve is what it’s all about, he says.
The fear of rejection is the biggest challenge that faces most men, Hypnotica claims. This is a central theme throughout and is a central theme in the two meditation clips that form part of Disc 2. By Disc 3 the assumption is that the guy is now getting more confident – hitting his self-confidence stride, so to speak. There’s a lot of emphasis on how others perceive us, and how we have the power to change those perceptions.
There’s an exercise in Track 2 of Disc 3 about how to approach a woman, as scared as guy might be to do so. Hypnotica reassures guys that there (now) ‘inherent’ self-confidence will make them proceed with more bravery – and with more chances of success. And, remember, rejection is anyway not…rejection. Track 3 in this Disc reinforces this notion. Convincingly? I say it depends on the guy…really.
Hypnotica reassures guys in Disc 4 that these changes going on from within (based primarily on confidence, as we now know) will still feel ‘foreign’ and that is okay. I actually appreciate it when any trainer or guru lets one know that the process is exactly that – a process. Feeling awkward or even contrived at times as one gets to the grips with a new way of doing things is cool – and to be expected.
By Disc 5 he reminds us that there is more to confidence than one might at first realize, even after all this training and meditation. Confidence comes in many different guises and will differ from guy to guy. However, once attained, it should make everything easier for a guy, including how to approach that beautiful woman standing next to him in the elevator.
The site also offers a message box in which a member can type a question and then (hopefully) get a reply from someone in the Hypnotica Galaxy, as seen here:
There are two bonus discs with this training course. The first is ‘Advanced Male Confidence’ (yip, there’s that ‘c’ word again) and which comprises meditation divided into two tracks. ‘Shield of Impenetrability’ is the second disc, also divided into two tracks, both of them also meditation-oriented. Here the focus is on projection and perception, both of which are recurring themes too in the general training.
There is a ‘Resources’ tab that offers ten bonus courses that Hypnotica reckons are the best in the field. These include ‘Seduce with Silence – How to seduce a woman using nothing but silence’ which tells guys that it’s not words that will seduce a woman but touching her “in just the right places”. Most of them centre on sex and body, including how guys can eat and train to have better bodies. It’s mostly blah, but may appeal to some guys seeking a more ‘tangible’ angle to getting lucky.
As with so many of these types of training, there is an up-sell option called ‘Master’s Circle’ which is free for 3 days and then $34.95 per month thereafter. That’s a lot of money and a big ongoing commitment. I would be loathe to pursue any further training with so big a financial punch, even with training that has been this polished thus far, but there may be guys who see value in that. It’s very steep, though.
And how does it look and feel?
The site looks professional enough, albeit visually bland and not offering anything stand-out in terms of layout and navigation. It is disconcerting to be doing a course titled Men’s Confidence Project, with a URL to match, yet with only the word Hypnotica emblazoned as the leading banner. It’s a disconnect too often found in these dating training course sites, and I find it annoying and oddly unsettling.
The two welcome videos are straightforward enough, whilst there’s not much to get excited about with audio clips. However, to Hypnotica’s credit, all the audio clips are crisp and clearly expertly sound-engineered. This at least makes them sound professional, which in turn makes the message more professional. This is particularly true of the meditation clips, for which clear sound quality is imperative, of course.
What’s To Like About Men’s Confidence Project?
- There’s a real methodology here. Yes, the focus is almost entirely on one thing and one thing alone – confidence. And why would that be a bad thing? I spend my time doing these reviews and ripping other training courses to shreds because they’re so bloody all over the place and lacking in any real focus or sense of purpose. I cannot ever rate that type of training highly – it says too much about the (low) quality of the training, not to mention the so-called guru / gurus behind it. And it’s annoying as hell. Not so the case with Men’s Confidence Project – Hypnotica presents material that is on point ALL THE TIME and that has a distinct and clear focus and purpose. Jesus, for that alone the guy is a god among dating gurus!
- If it’s not your thing, fair enough, but, to be very honest, the meditation could actually work, guys. What is important to stress is that the meditation I listened to all had three very important attributes: 1. Hypnotica has the voice to pull it off – in a nutshell, it’s hypnotizing. 2. The sound quality and use of appropriate music, coupled with his voice, makes for an experience that makes meditation possible. 3. It has context. The meditation offered is not merely psychobabble that says a lot without saying anything, but is delivered as an extension of the material that has been covered. It serves a purpose, and Hypnotica makes sure of that with every meditation exercise.
- Hypnotica may be one intimidating-looking fucker but I actually liked this guy. He came across as charismatic and as if he really wants to help guys be more lucky and successful with women. He also comes across as believable – you just know that this guy is a man’s man who some women no doubt find sexy and has gotten lucky with a decent number of (probably many) hot women. That’s a refreshing relief after the amount of dating gurus that are out there who look like they could barely score a lone woman, let alone a bevy of sexy women right around the globe! Many of them sound like lying assholes when they talk about scoring heaps of sexy women – you can believe a guy like Hypnotica doing that, though.
- It has to be said, this dude has a great voice. Yip, one could even say hypnotic, damn it! Seriously, if you’re going to call yourself Hypnotica and do audio files in a steady, studied voice, then you’d better damn well have a voice that doesn’t make you want to giggle uncontrollably or be so annoying that you just switch off! And this guy has that voice. It’s a voice that is masculine, assured and strangely reassuring. There’s no doubt that there will be guys who will respond well to it, and derive confidence from a dating guru who sounds like the real deal .
What’s Not To Like About Men’s Confidence Project?
- Some of the bonus features seem inappropriate for the style and standard set by the Men’s Confidence Project training proper. Many of the titles are the stuff of wishful thinking (like ‘Revolutionary Sex – 3 Things That You Can Do To Give A Woman The Best Orgasm Of Her Life’ or ‘The Huge Load Formula – Here’s The ‘Insider Porn-Star Secret’ To Blowing The Kind Of Huge Loads That Women Love’). They’re the tacky type of fare one associates with other training that is more lowbrow and focused on the fratboys of this world. They seem somehow out of place with a training course as polished and esoteric as that of Men’s Confidence Project. It’s as if you’re trying to appeal to every type of guy, Hypnotica! Not necessary…
- The heavy use of meditation has been cited above as a pro for many guys who may undertake this training. But, it has to also be acknowledged, it could be a huge turn-off for some. The tone and effect is distinctly New Age and ‘love-and-know-thyself-first’ and that can be an approach that may be too coy or too ‘unmasculine’ for some guys. The irony is that said meditation is provided by a guy that could not be more masculine, but so it goes. It could be a deal-breaker for some.
Time and time again I rant and rave in my reviews of dating courses about how unfocused and downright unconvincing they can be. It’s dispiriting, making one despair as one after another of these courses are just basically padded nonsense with lots and lots (and lots) of information thrown at a member to try and make believe that the training is somehow ‘meaningful’ or ‘serious’. Too often the answer is simple: not.
Then along comes Men’s Confidence Project. It’s premise is simple and focused on just one word: confidence. An entire training centered around just one word and one basic premise, i.e. making a guy more self-confident? Yes. And why not? If something does exactly what it says on the box, and does do with class and conviction, then who the hell am I to denounce it?
Hypnotica may look like a muscled bruiser, but the man knows what he is doing. He looks the part – you just know that this is not some creepy schmooze or some wannabe college hipster. You know that this is a guy who can pull women, and not just by how he looks. He talks the part and so with utter assurance and credibility. There’s nothing put on about this guy. And, yes, the various meditations do the trick.
Men’s Confidence Project is not for everyone. Really good training is often not. A size-fits-all approach can too often be shallow and generic. This training offers something specific, and does so with polish and by treating its members as real men striving for more than just getting laid. And it delivers in trumps. Congratulations to an effort very well done. You can be my self-confidence guru any day, Hypnotica